"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
First Baptist Farmington exists...
To honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
- Reaching our community and beyond with the good news that Jesus saves (Luke 15, 19:10)
- Teaching believers through the Bible how to love God and love their neighbors as themselves (Col. 1:28; Matthew 22:37-40)
- Sending those believers back out into the world to share with others the story of how Jesus saved them (Rom. 10:13-15; Acts 1:8)
Our Core Values
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God: for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers: for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
- Loving Relationships: acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Contemporary Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Small Groups: for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families: along with strong youth, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership: for others to go and make disciples
Our Core Beliefs
Here is a brief breakdown of some of our core beliefs:
- We believe the entire Bible is the Word of God.
- We believe that God is the one living and true God who reveals himself to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus is God’s son.
- We believe that Jesus died for our sins and that he has risen from the dead.
- We believe that Jesus will return.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and that he lives in the life of a Christian.
- We believe that human beings are created in the image of God, but that human beings sinned by choice. That sin separates us from God.
- We believe that human beings need forgiveness of their sins if they are to become children of God. We believe that Jesus Christ forgives the sins of anyone who will seek his forgiveness and his salvation.
- We believe that when an individual receives Christ as Savior and Lord, that individual is a new creation. When that person becomes a follower of Christ, he or she is a Christian.
- We believe that when one becomes a Christian, a child of God, that individual will forever be a child of God.
- We believe the church is the body of Christ. We believe the local church is the expression of God’s church. We believe the church is a local body of baptized believers.
- We believe that baptism by immersion of believers is the command of Jesus to believers and it is symbolic in nature.
- We believe the Lord’s Supper is also the symbolic expression of Jesus’ sacrifice for us and of our incorporation into his body.
These statements comprise a portion of our core beliefs. We have expressed them very simply. For those who are interested, we have much more information. First Baptist Church subscribes to the 1963 Baptist Faith and Message. In that document, you will see much more detail related to these and other beliefs. You will also find the Scripture references that support these doctrines.