What to Expect
As someone new to First Baptist we want you to be at ease as you become more involved in our community of faith. For many people the first step would be attending one of our worship services. For others it may be allowing your child to be a part of our Wednesday evening children’s activities, or volunteering in one of our local ministry projects. However you choose to be involved, we want you to have a positive experience as you connect with our church family.
- 8:00 A.M. Our first worship service begins in the Sanctuary (see facility map). The service consists of blended (contemporary and traditional) worship music, Scripture reading, prayer, offering, regular observances of the ordinances (Lord's Supper and Baptism), and preaching. Nursery is available for children birth through age three. Our nursery is staffed by qualified workers who have gone through a formal background screening. Following the first service members and guests congregate at our Welcome Center for coffee, drinks and dessert.
- 9:15 A.M. - Small group Bible study sessions begin. There are groups available for all ages. Groups conclude at 10:15 A.M. After small group Bible study children ages 4 thru third grade may attend children’s worship in our Lighthouse Harbor area on the second floor of the Welcome Center.
- 10:30 A.M. – Our second worship service begins in the worship center. At 10:45 A.M. children in grades 4-6 may attend “Torchbearers” located in our Student Center. A study leader will gather students in the foyer area behind the worship center to escort to children to the student center while the offering is being taken. The second service concludes at approximately 11:30 A.M.
- 6:00 P.M. – First Baptist has an evening worship service that meets from 6:00-7:00 P.M. in the Worship Center. A nursery is provided.
- 6:00 P.M. - Children’s music groups meet in the Children’s building during the school year. Children’s mission groups meet from 6:50 7:30 P.M. directly following music classes. Children can be picked up at the Welcome Center entrance below the large canopy.
- 6:30 P.M. – Mid-week Meditation meets in room 401 located next to the church office. Mid-week mediation is led by one of our Pastors and consists of sharing prayer requests and testimonies of God’s presence in our lives. Studies range from books of the Bible to Christian literature.
- 6:45 P.M. - The adult choir meets in the choir rehearsal room located directly behind the sanctuary.
Our youth ministry Ignite! meets on Wednesdays at 6:00 P.M. in our Student Center providing an exciting blend of Christian music, videos, games and worship for teenagers grades 7-12. Ignite also has a regular Monday evening Bible study called “Fuel” that meets at 7:00 P.M. The boys meet in the Student Center and the girls meet at 362 Moss Lane.
Other Studies and Events:
First Baptist also schedules other special Bible studies, ministries and events throughout the week. You can get more information from the home page of the church website.
We have guest parking available near our Sanctuary entrance off of “A” St. with several handicapped accessible spaces. Our new parking area has several spaces next to our Welcome Center by the large canopy entrance for handicap as well. There is parking available on the east (Franklin St.) side of our buildings and street side parking on College, “A” Street and Franklin Streets.
Each entrance and floor level is handicap accessible except for the original education building. If you enter through the Welcome Center entrance, you can use our elevator to access the new education building, children’s building, Lighthouse Harbor and adult Bible study. The nursery rooms and sanctuary may be accessed on the first level.